We thank you for your patience as we continue to evolve and make changes with updates from the University and the State of Connecticut regarding guidelines and safety protocols. Semester updates will be continually posted to this webpage. Based on the health of the campus these guidelines may change.
Follow us on social to stay up-to-date: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
DINING DURING RAMADAN
- Dining hall hours can be found on the TV's in the dining halls, on the dining hall doors, on our website, and via the myUConn app.
- Retail hours at our cafes and eateries can be found at each location on TV's, posters, on our website, and via the myUConn app.
- Hours of operation will change during certain times of the year for retail and dining halls (beginning and end of semester, holidays, breaks, etc). Follow us on social and the dining channel on the myUConn app for updates. There is also a PDF available of what dining halls are open during holidays and breaks at dining.uconn.edu/hours. Change in hours and important reminders are communicated on the dining hall tvs, Daily Digest, and via the Dining channel on the myUConn app.
- Dining Hall hours will change for Spring Break on Friday, March 10th & Sunday, March 19th - see changes for breaks here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS/TOPICS
- GUESTS - Students with meal plans are allowed to admit guests by using flex passes, points, Husky Bucks or credit/debit. You can admit more than one guest at a time. If using flex passes, the cashier will deduct 1 flex pass for each guest. If you are a staff member or student w/out a meal plan you can pay with credit/debit or Husky Bucks. Visitors to campus can pay with credit/debit. Dining halls are cashless.
- DINING HALL TO-GO CONTAINERS: All dining halls provide to-go containers for students with specific needs only. Read more here.
- FLEX PASSES & POINTS: Click here for details on how and where to use your flex passes and points.
- QUARANTINE - If you have been contacted by SHAW to quarantine, please know that Dining Services will receive your name and you will be able to get a to-go container.
- ALLERGY/DIETARY ACCOMODATIONS - We are here to help with your dietary restrictions. Please review our info on labeling and the steps needed to get an accommodation and meet with our team.
- GRAB & GO'S - The Gelfenbien and Putnam Grab & Go's will be opening for fall semester. Click here for menu/hours.
- CAN'T MAKE IT TO A MEAL? Dining Services has a program to assist students when there is a valid conflict with available meal times.
- TAKE-OUT POLICY: After eating in the dining hall, you may take out one of the following food items: one piece of fruit, one ice cream treat, or one pastry/dessert item. Reusable drink bottles are allowed for 16oz or less fountain beverage. No outside Tupperware/personal to-go containers are allowed in the dining halls.
- HAVE AN ISSUE/QUESTION WHILE IN THE DINING HALL: Please ask to speak to a manager so that they can help you out in a timely manner.
- LOOKING FOR A CAMPUS JOB? Dining is hiring students! Earn some extra cash, flexible shifts, student management opportunities.
- MASKS: Masking is highly recommended but not required in the dining halls.
- GREEN PIECE CONTAINER - Go green with a reusable to-go container for use at the USM, Earth, Wok & Fire and One Plate, Two Plates
- DO I NEED TO BRING MY ID WTIH ME TO THE DINING HALL? Yes, you will need to tap your ID at the cashier/validine station
- CHANGE MEAL PLAN: You have until Friday, February 3rd, 2023, to downgrade your spring semester meal plan; upgrade at any time
- MEAL PLANS FOR STUDENTS IN ON/OFF CAMPUS APARTMENTS - If you live in an on campus apartment or are commuting, a variety of meal plans are available. You can purchase points and a Community Meal Plan at any time during the semester. See details here.
- MENU ACCURACY: We strive to make sure that our menus being served match the daily online menus but in some circumstances we are faced with occasional procurement issues that result in last minute substitutions. We will always do our best to find an adequate substitution that meets your dietary needs. Thank you for being so understanding during these challenging times and we appreciate your business.
- FOOD AVAILABILITY: Empty pan = delicious dish! A popular entrée or side can go quickly, so if you see an empty pan, please know that our team of chefs are working to prepare and replenish that pan with a fresh batch of food. Thank you for your patience.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: If inclement weather closes the campus, dining halls will always remain open and operate their normal hours. Retail locations like cafes, Mango, and Dairy Bar will typically close. Locations in the Student Union like USM, C-Store, and One Plate, Two Plates, will typically open if the Student Union remains open.
- CELEBRATE WITH A CAKE FROM UCONN BAKERY! Did you know you can order celebration cakes, cookie cakes, and sweet treats (including gluten free) from the UConn Bakery and pick it up at the convenience store in the Student Union? Credit/debit and Husky Bucks accepted! Click here to check out the options and order!
For additional questions please check our main FAQ page, call 860-486-3128 or use our contact form. If you reach our voicemail, please leave a message and someone will get in touch with you.
If you have a dietary request –“Just Ask”
If you are looking for a particular item, and don’t see it-“Just Ask”
If you are vegan or vegetarian and are looking for a different menu option –“Just Ask”
If you are looking for a slight modification to a menu item, “Just Ask: if it is possible, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
If there is anything else, "Just Ask" for a manager while you are in the dining hall and we will be happy to assist.