Swipe Out Hunger, is a nation-wide program that collaborates with colleges to help put an end to student hunger and assist those who struggle with food insecurity. The Department of Dining Services and Community Outreach are collaborating with the Dean of Students Office to launch this program at UConn.
Students with a traditional dining plan interested in helping another student fight hunger insecurity can do so at the Give A Meal event:
- WHEN: Wednesday, December 4th.
- WHAT TIME: Swipes will be accepted at all eight dining units from 4:15pm-7:15pm.
- WHAT YOU DO: Swipe in one time and let the Dining staff member know you want to donate a flex pass.
- All proceeds will go to the UConn Swipes initiative.
- Since its inception, the UConn Swipes initiative has donated $9,815!
- PRIZE ALERT! Anyone that gives a flex pass on 12/4 will have a chance to win a $10 Dairy Bar gift certificate! One name will be randomly selected on 12/5 and contacted via their UConn email address.
I don’t have a traditional dining plan, how can I help? Anyone interested in supporting the Students First Fund with a direct donation can do so by visiting https://studentaffairs.uconn.edu/students-first-fund/. The Students First Fund was created by the Division of Student Affairs and is supported by private donations. The program supports students who have experienced unanticipated hardship. Your gift enables the University community to demonstrate the care and concern they have for students, reminding them that they are an important and valuable part of the UConn community.