The UConn Women’s Basketball team took their team-building skills off the court and into the kitchen with members of the UConn Dining team. Chef Robert Landolphi (assistant director of culinary operations) and chef Ron Swiller lead the team in creating six recipes as part of a UConn Sports Nutrition Hungry Husky Cooking Class in the Dining Services Innovation Lab.
As the chefs guided the team through the creation of each dish they provided useful prep and kitchen basics such as: knife skills, deboning salmon, proper cooking temperatures, using a food processor, and how to sauté, grill and pan fry. To top off the evening the team built their own parfaits in martini glasses with black bean brownies.
The Innovation Lab is a commercial kitchen that includes classroom space and is used to host cooking classes and develop new recipes for the campus community. Throughout the evening, the team made:
- Garlic Butter Herbed Baked Salmon with Broccoli
- Sweet Chili Teriyaki Chicken / Sticky Rice
- Classic Caesar Salad with Herbed Croutons and Bacon Crumbles
- Zucchini Dill Fritters with and Lemon Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
- Risotto con Parmigiano Reggiano
- Black Bean Brownie Parfait
Photos by Jeff Gonci – UConn Dining. Please do not reshare these photos w/out permission. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org)