The UCONN Dairy Bar is a popular stop for visitors on campus. This guide will help your group to plan a successful visit. We suggest pre-scooped orders that are ready upon your arrival so that your visit can go smoothly and quickly through the Dairy Bar. Please place all orders at least 7 days prior to your visit. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note ** 7 days’ notice is required for pre-scooped cups, 24 hour notice for 1/2 gallons and tubs**
***Hours for pickups between 11am – 7pm
GROUPS OF LESS THAN 25 PEOPLE
If your group has 25 or fewer people, please call 860-486-1021 and let us know the date & time of your visit and we will be prepared to help you. On an average day we can ring up your group and get their ice cream scooped in approximately 10 minutes depending on what is ordered.
If you are pressed for time, we can pre-scoop your order and have it ready for pick up. Please follow the instructions for pre-scooped orders for larger groups as some restrictions apply.
GROUPS OF 25 OR MORE PEOPLE
If everyone in your group is paying separately, please call 860-486-1021 and let us know the date & time of your visit and we will be prepared to help you. On an average day, we can serve 25 people in approximately 10 minutes, 50 in 20 minutes, etc., depending on what is ordered.
If your group is paying in one transaction, you have the following options:
- Order at the register in one transaction. This option is best if you want your group to have all the menu options or are not sure how many will be in your group.
- Order pre-scooped cups that will be ready for pick up when you arrive. This is best for groups of over 50 people and/or situations where groups need to be served quickly. Please fill out our order form (or download printable form here) at least 7 days prior to your visit. For larger groups we suggest limiting flavors to 3 or 4. Occasionally we run out of flavors and will need to make reasonable substitutions for your selections.
UCONN FYE CLASS ORDERS
Please submit order form (or download printable form here) at least 7 days prior to pick up with all FYE class information completely filled out for accurate billing. With less than 7 days notice, you may be asked to schedule a different day or order at the counter during regular business hours. In the event that we are out of any selected flavor, we will make a reasonable substitution. Pick ups can be made during regular business hours. Advance notice of 7 days is required for pick ups before 11am.
We accept cash, checks (with proper identification or in an organization’s name), Mastercard, or Visa. If you require an invoice to request a check, please use your completed order form.
UCONN KFS# ACCOUNTS
Internal billing can be done with proper information and authorization. Payment can be made with a Dining Services blue meal ticket (available from Dining Services and at The Dairy Bar), or direct billing to the KFS# account. In both cases the following information will be required: authorization from one of the designated people on the KFS# account, a written business purpose, and a guest list.
TAX EXEMPT ORGANIZATIONS
Tax exempt organizations are required to pay by a check or credit card in the name of the organization.
The State of CT requires us to keep on file completed certification forms for every tax exempt sale. Please submit the appropriate forms for your organization filled out exactly as the instructions direct for every order placed. Tax exempt purchases must be made with a check or credit card in the name of the organization. ONLY THE FOLLOWING FORMS ARE ACCEPTED:
- CERT-112 – Showing that the DRS has authorized the organization to make tax-exempt purchases of meals for a single event
- CERT-123 – Showing that DRS has authorized the organization to make tax-exempt purchases of meals generally
- CERT-119 – For use by nonprofit organizations, certifying that the organization intends to resell the meals at a fundraiser (they can only do this up five times per year)
- CERT-134 – For use by governmental organizations such as towns or states, certifying that the governmental organization intends to resell the meals at a fundraiser or they are for a social event (again, only up to five times per year)
- CERT -113 – The same as CERT-119 and CERT-134, but for nursing homes
Forms for all of the certificates and detailed instructions are available from the DRS website at: http://www.ct.gov/drs/cwp/view.asp?a=1477&q=445816 .
Without the correct exemption certificate, the law requires us to charge meals tax. After paying the meals tax, a refund of the tax may be requested from DRS using CERT-122.