Updates & Common Dining Questions
We thank you for your patience as we continue to evolve and make changes with updates from the University and the State of Connecticut regarding guidelines and safety protocols. Updates will be continually posted to this webpage. Based on the health of the campus these guidelines and answers may change.
- SUMMER MEAL PLAN INFO for Residents and Commuters
- END OF SEMESTER HOURS: Retail & Dining Halls
- PASSOVER & RAMADAN: Sign up for Ramadan meals here and Passover meals here.
- GUESTS - Effective Friday, April 1st, 2022, students are allowed to return to swiping in non-UConn guests.
- DINING HALL RESET PERIOD: New for Spring 2022 Each dining hall will now have a closure period each day between lunch and dinner to clean and reset. Food will not be available during the closure period. View dining hall hours here.
- TO-GO CONTAINERS: All dining halls provide to-go containers for students with specific needs only. Read more here.
- TAKE-OUT POLICY: After eating in the dining hall, you may take out one of the following food items: one piece of fruit, one ice cream treat, or one pastry/dessert item. Reusable drink bottles are allowed again for a 16oz or less fountain beverage. No outside Tupperware/personal to-go containers are allowed in the dining halls.
- LATE NIGHT DINING: Northwest and McMahon are open until 10pm Sunday through Thursday.
- MASKS: Effective March 4th, 2022, masking is recommended but not required in the dining halls.
- GRAB & GO'S will not be open for the spring semester.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: If inclement weather closes the campus, dining halls will always remain open and operate their normal hours. Retail locations like cafes, Mango, and Dairy Bar will typically close. Locations in the Student Union like USM, C-Store, and One Plate, Two Plates, will typically open if the Student Union remains open.
- DAIRY BAR building is open to the public. Masks are recommended but not required. There is no indoor dining/seating. For most current hours, click here.
- RETAIL DINING: Click here for Retail Hours.
- FLEX PASSES & POINTS: New info for Spring 2022 Click here for details on how and where to use your Flex Passes and points. For Spring 2022 you can use your Flex Passes at more locations for value meals. Flex Passes & points can be used during the remote/online period.
- CHANGE MEAL PLAN: You have until Friday, February 18th to downgrade your spring semester meal plan; upgrade at any time
- MENU ACCURACY: We strive to make sure that our menus being served match the daily online menus but in some circumstances we are faced with occasional procurement issues that result in last minute substitutions. We will always do our best to find an adequate substitution that meets your dietary needs. Thank you for being so understanding during these challenging times and we appreciate your business.
- Follow us on social to keep up-to-date: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
If you have a dietary request –“Just Ask”
If you are looking for a particular item, and don’t see it-“Just Ask”
If you are vegan or vegetarian and are looking for a different menu option –“Just Ask”
If you are looking for a slight modification to a menu item, “Just Ask: if it is possible, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
If there is anything else, "Just Ask" for a manager while you are in the dining hall and we will be happy to assist.
Q: How can I use my flex passes during the semester?
A: Find details on how and where you can use your Flex Passes here.
Q: How can I use my points during the semester?
A: Find details on how and where you can use your points here.
Q: Can I bring my parents or a friend that isn’t from UConn to the dining hall?
A: The only guest you will be allowed to bring into the dining hall is another UConn student. No other outside guests are allowed. You are not able to swipe in another UConn student that is in isolation or quarantine, during campus-wide quarantine periods, or into a quarantine-only dining unit.
If these guest guidelines change at any point during the semester, we will inform the campus community. Please make sure to follow UConn Dining on social media and through our opt-in channel on the myUConn app for updates.
Q: Can I use my points and Husky Bucks while in quarantine?
A: Your points and Husky Bucks are still active if you have been placed in quarantine. Students in medical or modified quarantine will have to get their food to go from any of the dining halls. Students in isolation will receive their food delivered to them from Catering.
Q: What do I do if I can’t get to a dining facility because of an illness not related to COVID-19?
If you become ill and cannot make it to a dining unit for a meal, you may call the dining facility you normally eat in, ask for the unit manager on duty, and request a meal “to go.” Please provide the manager with your PeopleSoft number as well as the name of the individual who will be picking up your meal. When the designated person picks up the meal for you, they must swipe in their own card, swipe in the requesting student’s card, and ask for the unit manager on duty to assist with the take-out.
Q: I have canceled my housing application – what happens with my meal plan? When will this be reflected on my fee bill?
A: If you have canceled your on-campus housing with Residence Life, Residence Life will then notify Dining Services, and your meal plan will automatically be canceled for you. No additional action will be required. Meal plan changes will be updated on your ID card within 24 hours, or on the next business day if submitted during the weekend. Your updated meal plan charge will be reflected within 5-7 business days on your Fee Bill.
Q: How do I change my meal plan, and when will this be changed on my fee bill?
A: You have until Friday, February 18th, 2022 to change your spring semester meal plan. Please fill out our change your plan online form.
Meal plan changes will be updated on your ID card within 24 hours, or on the next business day if submitted during the weekend. Your updated meal plan charge will be reflected within 5-7 business days on your Fee Bill.