Criteria for bag meal:
- Bag meals are available when a student has a valid conflict with available meal times.
- A student must have the Ultimate, Value, or Custom meal plan
- A student’s conflict must be justified by a class schedule that would make it impossible to dine in any of our resident dining facilities. This has to be validated by attaching a class schedule that will be verified with the Registrar’s Office to the Bag Meal Request form. If you have a combination of class and work schedule conflicts, you will need to attach a class and work schedule to the Bag Meal Request form. You will also need to have your employer sign the form.
- Students that have a conflict due to an on campus job/internship. Verification must be signed by the employer.
- Students that are leaving campus due to an internship program or off-campus employment may pick up a bag meal. Verification must be signed by the employer.
- Students that are taking classes and commuting from the Storrs campus to either the Avery Point or Hartford campuses are eligible for bag meals. A copy of your Avery Point/ Hartford class schedule must be attached to the form below.
BAG MEAL REQUEST FORM:
Please download, print, and fill out the form.
Gather the necessary documentation and/or signatures and email everything to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Bag Meal Request in the subject line.
A Dining Services staff member will then follow up with you.
If you have questions about this form or program, please contact us at 860-486-3128.
The Process After You Have Been Approved:
If you need to pick up your bag meal prior to our 7:00am opening, we can accommodate you as early as 6:00am. Please see the dining unit manager to make 6:00am pick up arrangements. Bag meals can also be made available to you the night before if you leave campus before 6:00am If picking up the night before is more convenient, please remember your bag meal must be refrigerated overnight.
Upon entering the dining facility, you must tell the staff member at the tap/validine station that you are part of the bag meal program. They will tap your ID card and this will deduct from a set amount of meals that is established by your schedule. They will provide you with a bag/container for your convenience. Bag meals are available in all dining units.